Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awesome Skillet Cookie

I have recentily become obsessed with pinterest. Which is how i came across this awesome skillet cookie recipe By Molly..hi molly! http://mollycorinne.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/skillet-cookie/. Her recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate, but i used some Hershey's special dark chocolate chips I found at the market during the holidays and had hidden in my freezer..they worked perfectly with the whole wheat cookie! This cookie has a very nutty taste. I suppose you could also use All-purpose flour, but I just dont think it would taste as magical. Ryan told me I should make one every week!
Riley and I had also made strawberry ice cream the same day and when paired together it was like eating chocolate covered strawberries! mmmmmmmmmm, i am drooling just thinking about it. I dont have any pictures of the ice cream but i will share the recipe with you, as for the skillet cookie, you can head over to molly's blog and check it out. Definantly something to put on your 'to-do list' enjoy!


Fresh Strawberry ice cream
note: this recipe was intended for a 2 quart ice cream mixer and will yield about 7 full cup servings.


Ingredients :
3 cups fresh ripe strawberries, stemmed and sliced
4 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 cups organic sugar, divided
1 1/2 cups organic whole milk
2 3/4 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp good quality vanilla extract

In a small bowl, combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of sugar. Stir gently until sugar is mostly dissolved, then allow strawberries to sit in juice for 2 hours. 
Strain the berries, reserving juices. Puree HALF the berries. 
In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and remaining sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream, reserved strawberry juice, strawberry puree and vanilla. Turn on ice cream mixer and pour mixture into freezer bowl, let thicken, usually about 20-25minutes, about five minutes before mixing is complete add reserved sliced strawberries and let finish mixing. transfer to container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove and enjoy over a slice of Skillet cookie! :D yum! 

2 comments:

  1. OMG...that cookie looks awesome...


    OMG..that looks and sounds so awesome! I know Riley was in heaven with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks adorable and I'm so happy you love this cookie as much as we do! Nothing like a giant chocolate chip cookie.

    Thanks for sending me the link-- I'll add you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete