Saturday, March 24, 2012

Breakfast for dinner

Tonight I asked Ryan and Riley what they wanted for dinner, I was ready to make anything! They replied "pancakes and eggs! pancakes and eggs!" okay! So, in addition to my world famous pancakes and farm fresh eggs, I also made the pioneer woman's 'breakfast potatoes'...

man they are awesome! She makes them using lard, but since Riley and I are vegetarians and I am the primary cook, lard doesn't fly in my kitchen. :P Instead I used some extra veggie oil. Also, the recipe she provides on her website is slightly different from the one in her cook book, I followed the one in the book and baked the potatoes at 375F for 40minutes before I cut them up and all that. Anyway, check them out, they are awesome! Now I leave you with my fancy pancakes! Happy cooking!! -Jess

*baker's note: the batter for these pancakes can be prepared and refrigerated for a day or two, or if you have left over batter you can also store it in the fridge for a few days. 


Fancy Pancakes


ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Milk
4 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour(I use one cup whole wheat and one cup unbleached all-purpose flour)
4 TBSP. raw sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
4 TBSP. melted butter
Combine milk, cider and vanilla in medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes until milk starts to curdle. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. whisk to combine. Add egg and butter to milk mixture and whisk until combined. Combine dry ingredients with wet and whisk until large lumps are gone. Preheat skillet or griddle lightly oil. When griddle is hot pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles appear. Recipe makes about 20 pancakes. -Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment