Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rainy day treats: homemade doughnuts

Riley likes doughnuts 

It's raining today. On rainy days like this there isn't much to do but BAKE! I decided not to bake today. I know, I was shocked too, but this time change thing has got me all confused and I have been really tired, more so then usual. Anyway I thought I would share with you one of my favorite things to make on a rainy day: doughnuts! They are pretty time consuming, so its prefect for a day when all you can really do is stay inside. I use this recipe from Lara Ferroni. Just click the name and it should take you right over to the recipe page. Its a great recipe. A little complex but perfect end results! You can be creative when glazing your doughnuts. Use caramel, powdered sugar, glazed or my favorite...Chocolate Glaze! Also once they are glazed you can top them with nuts! or sprinkles! my favorite is to top them with rainbow jimmy's! they are so fun!  Here is a recipe for my
  Fancy Chocolate Glaze 
Ingredients
5 Tbsp. Butter
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Hot Water
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Add butter and powdered sugar to medium bowl. Pour 1/3 cup boiling water over butter/ sugar mixture. Add vanilla. Melt chocolate in double boiler, add to glaze and mix until smooth. Glaze each doughnut and let set..Enjoy!
Happy Baking-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment