Saturday, October 20, 2012

Best day EVER part 2








my fancy sister in law is baking a baby cousin for Riley in her belly! hooray for babies! 

















I'm back with another non-fancy treat post! It has been one week since our wedding and I am still in love with that day and everything about it, I don't think that feeling will ever fade. Today we went into town for the first time as a married couple, which really is no different, but it was extra awesome when the lady at the health food store remembered I was getting married and I got to talk about the wedding and all the fun stuff for a good 5 minutes! I also got to say "my husband" over and over again which just makes me giddy :)  I figured since this is MY blog and no one is forced to read it (except for Ryan), it's ok for me to ramble on about our fancy wedding! So let me tell you about it!
Our wedding was mostly DIY. We used hay bales for seating at the ceremony site and covered them with random sheets and blankets. My fancy wedding planner is also my new sister in law/made of honor,Amber, and she did an amazing job helping create our dream wedding on a tiny budget. Our fancy photographer, Justin, is also Ryan's cousin and he did a fantastic job! I cant wait to see all the pictures! All of the food was catered by my awesome mom. she and my sister, Jack, slaved away days before the wedding making green chili & cheese tamales, and pork tamales. My mom worked all morning the day of the wedding making salsas, Spanish rice, beans and nopales (cactus salad). everything was wonderful! I took it upon myself to make all the desserts which included, chocolate mustaches and lips (to match our invitations), chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache, lemon cupcakes with lemon glaze and I converted my infamous lemon loaf into a bunt cake for Ryan and I to cut into. It was great. we also had s'mores and I made tomato jam as wedding favors for our guests (using tomatoes from our garden!). I painted trays from the dollar tree with chalkboard paint (thank you pinterest) and we used them to display our menu and as signs for the gift/favor table. We used an old bathtub as an ice chest which just might be my favorite thing ever! We used my moms old birdcage as a card holder and I think it looked so cute! all the banners and decorations were made by me and Riley, (shes an awesome little helper) Ryan and I decorated the Jam jars with burlap and twine and Ryan made the labels for me because I was too cheap to buy custom made ones :P I made Riley's crown out of flowers and a wooden wreath I found at the dollar tree. All our flowers were purchased from the local grocery store the day before the wedding and put together in old jars by, well, I don't really know who did them because I was instructed to stay in my apartment all morning, but i am guessing it was a team effort (Amber and Felecia?) So many people came together to help us out and we really could not have done it had it not been for every ones hard work.. our moms, our aunties/uncles, dad,cousins, grannies, our friends and our sisters. we had such a great team! I almost forgot to mention my awesome bouquet which was made the night before by my awesome mom, with some assistance from my BFF Melinda! I also must add my awesome 'MRS' necklace that was custom made by Rachel of PoppyandFern! I am in love with it! and in case anyone was wondering, my dress is from Ruche, my frustration with finding the perfect dress almost made me loss my mind, but Ruche to the rescue! It was perfect and I am so glad I had second thoughts about my original dress (which was also awesome, just not perfect) my boots are vintage Durangos I found on Etsy four years ago(when we were originally planning on getting married) Another awesome Etsy find was Riley's mustard cardigan. so perfect! (thank you fancy Mother-in-law). Riley was so cute walking down the aisle with her birdseed and wearing our wedding bands around her neck. What a great kid we have! We also had a fancy mule ride provided by some of our awesome neighbors, to take our guest to and from the ceremony site. It was such a magical day filled with all the people who mean the most to us. We truly are thankful and even though Ryan said many time leading up to the wedding "I cant wait for this to be over" when it was all over he sadly said "I wish we could keep celebrating!" ha! It was a little bittersweet to have everyone here and now have our home be so empty, we miss everyone!!! But it was a great time and lots of lovely memories, we only wish we had more time with everyone. Thank you to all who came and shared the love. we love you all so much! xoxo The Sitters
special thanks to Melinda for taking most of the pictures you see here, and anyone else I stole pictures from via facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment